- How can our team qualify for the National Tournament?
- How many teams will be in the tournament?
- What ball will you be using?
- Will there be practice facilities?
- What is the structure of the tournament?
- Will the tournament end earlier than in previous years?
- Where do I get the official tournament entry form?
- Will there be things for the family to do, when we’re not watching softball?
- What to pack?
- Will I need warm clothing?
How large is Sioux Falls? Sioux Falls is the largest city in South Dakota with a population of 228,000. Sioux Falls is located at the intersection of I-90 and I-29. Click here to view area maps and attractions.
E. Girls’ Class A USA / ASA Fast Pitch National Championship Finals.
18, 16, 14, 12, 10-Under
- Defending Champion 1
- Runner-Up 1
- Host Teams 2
- Hall of Fame 8
- National Qualifiers 15
- Regional Berths
- Two Teams from Each Region 30
- Returning Teams from the previous year’s
- National Championship Finals and
- National Tournaments 0 – 16
- Association Berths based on previous
- Year’s registrations:
- Top Five Associations 3 ( 15 )
- Next Fifteen Associations 2 ( 30 )
- Associations registering 201+ teams 1 ( 0 – 68 )
- ( Based on Girls’ Fast Pitch registrations )
- Total Berths Based on Registrations 45 – 113
- Geographical Hardships Alaska 1
- Hawaii 1
- Rocky Mountain Region 1
- Maximum Possible Number of Teams 105 – 189
(Copied from ASA code article 518)
Will there be practice facilities? There are numerous public practice facilities. Facilities close to Sherman Park are: Dunham Park, McCart Park, Elmwood Park, Cherry Rock Park, Frank Olson Park, and Kenny Anderson Park.
Teams will play 2 pool games and then draw into a ASA double elimination bracket. Teams qualifying from the same region shall be protected, where possible, from playing each other in the first two rounds of the winner’s bracket. When the number of teams entered in the tournament from a region is greater than the number of sections on the bracket, the final alignment shall be determined by the ASA Representative.
Will the tournament end earlier than in previous years? The tournament is scheduled to end on Sunday, August 5th. We have been advised that the maximum length of 5 days for national tournaments applies to adult tournaments and not to JO tournaments.
Will there be things for the family to do when we’re not watching softball? Sioux Falls has numerous activities: water parks, shopping, and other attractions. Click here to view local maps & attractions.
What to pack?:
What is the infield surface? The infield surface is agri-lime, it is a material brought in from quarries in Minnesota. The gives the ball a true bounce and holds up well under heavy play. It is very suitable for play during rainy weather, it holds water well and also dries rapidly after heavy rain. It is somewhat abrasive so base runners must wear some sort of sliding protection.